Balcony Garden

 So if you are like me you live in a space with very limited land to grow the garden you want. I feel your frustration lol. There are some things that I have figured out that will still let you grow your own herbs, fruits and veggies! Most grocery stores around me sell planted (or at least rooted) herbs like basil, sage, oregano, etc. I usually buy those then I will go to the dollar store to get some little terracotta pots and I replant them to keep in my kitchen. Keep them in a sunny spot but make sure they aren't being burned. There is nothing better than using fresh herbs in your recipes! 


Now to the balcony garden. If you don't have any kitchen space to keep your herbs but you have a little balcony you can use that. Just get some little shelves (thrift stores are great or building your own) and set up your mini shelf garden. There are a lot of mini garden kits on the internet, I will post links to a few for you. I'm not getting paid to share these, These are just the ones I really like. 

5 tier stackable planter

Hanging balcony planters

Vertical raised garden bed

Balcony greenhouse


These should fit on any size balcony. The tier one would be great for doing a layered garden. top layer can be herbs, second layer fruit, third layer veggies, etc. 


I'm terrible at getting plants to sprout so I usually go to lowes or home depot to get plants that are already started and then I just replant them. Since its getting cold out now, most plants are on sale so if you wanted to start right now you could start for cheaper but keeping them alive is more work in the cold if you don't have a greenhouse situation set up on your balcony. Im posting pics of cute balcony gardens for some mini garden inspo! 
















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to the Porcupine Homestead!

Dandelions